Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Why am I here? (meaning - why am I writing this blog ....)

As a dietitian, I frequently get questions about the newest fad diet or the thing that everyone must or must not eat in order to be healthy. Unfortunately for these askers, I work more with tubes than mouths these days, so I don’t keep up with fad diets. Even when I did work with the overnourished instead of the undernourished, I hated fad diets, perhaps even more so than I do now. My food & fitness philosophy has long been that little things can make a big difference. As I’ve grown, it has become my all-encompassing life philosophy.
I used to want to change the world in some big, flashy way; now I am content to impact the people I contact in a positive way, especially my daughter. I used to think I’d like to be famous; now I’d be happy if a few people read this blog, especially if it makes them feel better!
So this will be a blog about the little things I do to make myself healthier and happier, and to in some small way make the world a better place. It will veer toward food & exercise, but I expect it also to touch on friendship, finance, parenting, philosophy, politics, romance, media …
Make no mistake. I do not claim to have it all figured out. I certainly make no claims to be the healthiest person on earth. I don’t always eat the “right things” and don’t exercise as much as I would like. It simply occurred to me that it might help some folks out there to hear about the first hand experiences of a woman who feels really good most of the time and looks pretty good, but doesn’t kill herself doing it … and even pursues some additional hobbies and interests!

No comments:

Post a Comment